Here is our blog rotation for the hop...
Elisa <-- You are here
Here are my little goody boxes filled with candy... They are great for school classroom parties, stocking stuffers, b-day parties and the list goes on.
- Trim pattern paper to 5.5 x 5.5 and 8.5 x just a bit over 3"
- Scor 5.5" square at 5" on all 4 sided and then again at 4.25 on all 4 sides.
- cut off little strip on all 4 corners as seen in photo
- then snip to fold up pieces on all 4 sides as seen in photo.
- Now glue all pieces that are folded up to strip to the right. this will create your box.
- Once glue is dry fold over top pieces and glue down. This will give the inside of your box a nice edge and make it a bit sturdier. Now set aside to dry.
- Scor 8.5" piece of cardstock at 1", 4", 4.3/4" & 7.3/4 fold each crease and decide which side you want for your top.
- Center spellbinders deco square die on the part that is the top of your box and run it through your die cut machine.
- Cut a piece of clear scraps acrylic or Hambly transparency to cover hole and glue on the inside of the paper. This will make sure your candies don't fall out.
- Once dry glue your ends together to create the outside sleeve of your box (you will have a little paper left over... you can either cut it off or glue it to the bottom of your box.)
- Fill your box with candy and slide it into the outside sleeve.
- Embellish box to your liking.
- Wrap ribbon around your box so it doesn't slide open.
I hope you liked these little goodies and will be making some of your own.
Now from here you want to go to Samantha's blog to catch more fun ideas of what you can make and do with Purple Cow products. Don't forget to leave a comment on each blog to be eligible for our blog hop prize! Good luck!
Plus if you leave a comment on my blog or facebook page by Friday Dec 18th I will add your name to the drawing for a little RAK of my own. If you sign up to follow me I will add your name to the mix twice... Think Vintage ribbon's and lace... ohhhh ahhhh.